From:
barbara lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
barbara lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 06:49:55 -0800

I had my first adventure eating out this week. My daughter called and wanted to meet for lunch. We went to Pizzeria Uno because she said they have streak and I assumed they'd have baked potato. The waitress was wonderful, and made many trips to the kitchen for me. Seems ALL their steaks come to them individually packaged in marinade. None were plain. So we tried for chicken. Same story. All marinated. The only plain meat they had was hamburg, no bun. They did not have baked potatoes. They had "smashed" I think. They assured me they were whole potatoes mashed with milk and butter. I got them, but they were not plain. They used spices of some sort. I have no idea what. The only thing that we all knew was safe was the steamed fresh bocoli. I ate the dry hamburg and the potatoes and then waited for the ax to fall. It never did. I had no obvious reaction, but was a wreck waiting for it! No more Uno's for me. Nice people. Helpful.Sorely limited GF menu.

Barbara