From:
Jane Ehrenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:12:57 -0500

I spoke with a customer rep. at CPC Products (1-800-338-8831) a few weeks
ago and want to share the following information.

GF Products include:

All Mazola margarines

All 3 types of Hellman's mayonnaisse

Skippy peanut butter

Argo Corn Starch

Karo Corn Syrup (light and dark)

Also:  the starch in the Niagra Spray Starch is *corn* (someone asked
about this a while back)

Now, the bad news:  According to the rep. that I spoke with, CPC no longer
publishes a list of GF (or other "Free")  products at the request of the
Food Allergy Network and the FDA.  They requested this because they feel
that too many people rely on the lists and don't continue to check the
labeling information. CPC, however, encourages consumers to call them with
any questions or to up-date any information that you may already have.

Frankly, this part about the list being discontinued (and they had a
nice list with recipes!) burns me up!  If the FDA would tighten the
labeling requirements we wouldn't need lists at all!  (I know, I know,
we've been all around this particular topic but I had to say it!)

Jane (in VA)