From:
Lynn Samuel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:34:14 EST

     Besides commercially prepared Egg Replacer, Flaxseed can be used as
an egg substitution. According to the Gluten-Free Pantry, they recommend
mixing one tablespoon ground flaxseed with two tablespoons warm water for
each egg. Let it sit after adding. If you are soy tolerant, add one half
teaspoon lecithin to this mixture plus one teaspoon baking powder to help
the leavening process. When substituting this mixture for a regular egg,
add one extra.
     This info is taken from a presentation given at the CSA Seattle
conference last year by the Gluten-Free Pantry representatives. I hope
this is helpful. I've not personally tried it.

Lynn, Omaha, NE USA