From:
Judy Lay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 12:14:52 +0000

My husband was diagnosed as a coeliac in June 1996. Once he changed to a
gluten-free diet his recovery was amazing.

His Doctors said we could go on holiday and we chose a 2 week package deal
to see how he could cope. The trip was to Canada visiting Vancouver, Bannff,
Jasper and ending in Victoria.

The deal included flights with British Airways and I requested GF meals for
my husband, but he took some food with him just in case there were any
problems. We were pleasantly surprised by the good quality of the GF meals
served, and he didn't touch his emergency supplies. In fact one of his meals
was better than mine!

Neither of us are BA employees or have any connections with BA. The holiday
was organised by Jetsave, and neither of us are employees and have no
connection other than a previous holiday with Jetsave.

We'd like to return to Australia, but I'm concerned about another member's
posting that Qantas may stop serving GF meals. Is it just GF meals that are
being stopped? What about kosher, vegetarian, vegan, nut-free, diabetic, etc?

I'd just like to close by wishing everyone a Happy New Year,

Judy Lay, Wantage, UK