From:
Herb Bolz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 1996 17:21:43 -0700

Selma Frankel asked about food trips in preparation for her upcoming trip
to France.  I have one tip, possibly of general interest.  When I travel, I
usually take a box of what are roughly comparable to graham crackers. The
maker is Health Valley Foods, Inc., 16100 Foothill Blvd., Irwindale,
California 91706-7811.  The product is called "Original Rice Bran Wheat
Free / Gluten Free Crackers."  It comes in rectangular 7 ounce boxes, which
pack very nicely and never crumble. I have eaten large numbers of these,
with no problem.  I appear, however, not to be supersensitive.
  In my area, I find these rice bran crackers at the Davis Food Co-op, in
the city of Davis. This market is also a good source of other gluten-free
products.  If there are other listmembers in Davis, I would welcome hearing
from them with the object of sharing local shopping tips.

HERB BOLZ
Davis, California, USA ... between Sacramento and San Francisco)
(personal views only)