From:
Jim Luckett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 11:17:00 -0400

I want to encourage people who may be on the fence about trying the GF diet
 -- or whose doctors may be against it -- to try it.  Apparently, either
there are forms of CD that don't show up on blood tests and biopsy, or there
are forms of gluten intolerance which cause diarrhea, gas, depression, low
energy that are not CD.  Anyway, after several months eating GF I feel  SO
GOOD, after feeling SO BAD.  All my CD tests were negative.  I think I have
been poisoning myself with gluten all my life, or at least the past 20 years.
Last January all the above symptoms went from background/tolerable to
foreground/incapacitating.  I had never even heard of gluten intolerance.

  It has taken months to recover fully after starting on the GF diet.  I
started feeling better right away, but not all better.  Then, I reintroduced
some gluten and had a relapse, which has taken months to recover from.  The
latest event is I suddenly dropped ten pounds that I didn't need (without
trying to) and feel 20 years younger.  Hope this helps someone w/similar
problems.