From:
Deb Bosley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 23:26:05 -0400

Greetings,

I'm one of those people who is giving the GF diet a chance, despite
questionable lab results and a negative biopsy.  Labwork showed that I have a
postive anti-gliadin antibody and a deficiency in Vitamins B12 and A.  The
intestinal biopsy came back negative.  I started the GF (and lactose free)
diet on September 19.  (My doctor didn't seem convinced that I should even
try the diet, given my lab results, but finally agreed to a 2 month trial and
then will re-test my labs).

So far, the only difference I've noticed is that I haven't had a single
episode of diarrhea (was having that for 3-4 days every week before), and I'm
no longer feeling bloated after every meal.  However, I am continuing to have
the frequent, large bowel movements (mostly after each meal).  I still feel
nauseated before each bowel movement, as before.  Is this common?  I remember
when I went lactose free a few years ago - the doctor had put me on the diet
for 4 weeks - after 3 weeks, I was still feeling quite sick, but then during
the last week, I improved dramatically.  I keep hoping this will happen
during the course of this gf diet.  My entire lifestyle still revolves around
the location of bathrooms.  I can't travel anywhere in the car - no long
distance trips of any sort.  I'm still sick and tired of being sick and
tired.

Deb