From:
Barbara Dursum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:31:05 EST

Hellow Listmates!  I have heard quite a bit of discussion about acidophilus
on this site, so I thought I might try it in hopes it might relieve some
lingering complications.  However, when I went to get some I was very
confused by the difference in dosage recommendations.  Walgreens capsule is
10 mg; another brand is 100 mg.  Both indicate gluten free on the box and
both say to take 1-2 caplets 1/2hour before eating.  So, for those of you who
use acidophilus , how much do you take?  It indicates on the box that it
helps maintain intestinal flora.  The pharmacist said it is usually taken by
people who have been on an antibiotic and need to build up their system.  Any
assistance you could provide would  be helpful.  Thanks, Barb