From:
deni hansen-gray weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:44:50 -0500

Well, I was finally able to contact Reliant  1-877-926-0060 and found out
that "as far the rep knows" nothing has changed in the gluten free status of
Axid.  She will send me a follow up letter.  It seems that Lily is still
making Axid - they just sold the rights to Reliant who is now responsible
for dispensing any information regarding the drug. ( Is anyone else
confused???)

Thanks to all who replied (and who wanted to know about the Axid themselves)

Other recommendations were:

- Zantac
- Prilosec and aciphex
- I use Zantac....prescription only..... the OTC Zantac is NOT GF
- Pepcid is GF
- I take Zantac, and it is on the CSA (Celiac-Sprue Assoc.) safe list.
- The prescription Prevacid is GF.  There are many over-the-counter gf meds
     for this also - pepcid, gaviscon, pepto bismol.  I personally take
Prevacid
     and occasionally supplement it with Gaviscon.
-  My Dr. prescribed Prevacid.
- Prilosec is gf, and it's what I take for acid reflux now. Zantac is gf
     also, and the over-the-counter Zantac 75 is also gf.

I'd add the usual caution to call and find out for yourself!

Interestingly enough, my reflux symptoms have not returned yet (usually they
show up when I miss a pill) so I am going to hang tight and see what
happens.

deni weber
Valparaiso, IN USA