From:
deni hansen-gray weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 18:54:50 -0500

Ok listies -

After my experience in the E.R. - I went hunting in the Food and Drug Act
and found this clause about proper labeling of medications.

CHAPTER V - DRUGS AND DEVICES
SUBCHAPTER A - DRUGS AND DEVICES
ADULTERATED DRUGS AND DEVICES

MISBRANDED DRUGS AND DEVICES
SEC. 502. [352] A drug or device shall be deemed to be misbranded -

.
.
.
(f) Unless its labeling bears (1) adequate directions for use; and (2)
such adequate warnings against use in those pathological conditions or
by children where its use may be dangerous to health, or against unsafe
dosage or methods or duration of administration or application, in such
manner and form, as are necessary for the protection of users, except
that where any requirement of clause (1) of this paragraph, as applied
to any drug or device, is not necessary for the protection of the public
health, the Secretary shall promulgate regulations exempting such drug
or device from such requirement.

In my non-legalese brain what this says is that because I am a celiac and
the injestion of wheat, rye, oats or barley is dangerous to my health - for
my protection this information has to be on the label.

Unless this says something completely different than my interpretation, it
seems to me that the regulation for our well-being is already in place, it
just needs to be enforced.

What do you all think????

And where do we go with it????

deni