From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 17:03:06 -0500

All,

I'm newly GF and still feel lousy much of the time.  I started to keep a
food diary about a month ago to try isolate possible culprits.  I've
isolated a dish that is definitely causing me problems (noisy digestion,
flatulence, diarrhea, fatigue, weakness, mild brain fog - all of which
last several days).  The dish is a banana-chocolate sundae.  I've
double-checked with the manufacturers of all the ingredients; all of the
source ingredients are definitely GF.  Ingredients:  banana, hersheys
double chocolate sundae sauce, breyers all natural vanilla ice cream,
diamond walnuts (chopped).

I need ideas because I can't figure out what the likely culprit is -
what is causing my discomfort??  The reaction is very much a gluten-like
reaction.  I don't think it can be due to the ice cream.  I consume lots
of dairy products every day.  I have skim milk every day, cheese a
couple of days a week, and ice cream (Turkey Hill's Black Cherry) 2-3
times a week.  I eat bananas every morning.   I frequently make
banana-nut bread.  I never get a reaction to the other dairy products,
or the banana-nut bread, even though I use the same walnuts.

Could it be the chocolate sauce? Are there any ingredients in the
chocolate sauce I might want to look at in particular?

If any of you has an insight, I'd appreciate the help!

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore