From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:53:42 -0400

All,

I have attached a corrected version of Denny's GF list of Menu Items.  I
meant to remove 'Green Beans (rinse off sauce) -- but forgot!  I did write
to Denny's concerning cross-contamination issues though...  In any case, the
green beans are not on the list below now.  I've also added a note in the
list about the need to talk to the server about cooking our foods in a
separate, clean fry pan, rather than on the grill (with the buns, etc.)

One person questioned whether the American Cheese is actually gluten free.
I contacted Margaret Grant at Denny's again.  She assures me that the
American Cheese IS GF.  She also sent me the ingredient list.  I've included
that below as well.

If you'd like to contact Denny's directly, you can contact:
Margaret Grant R.D. L.D.
Nutrition Administrator
Denny's Restaurants

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore
________________________

Denny's Gluten Free Menu Items

This Information Has Been Prepared For  Persons Who
Must  Restrict Gluten In Their Diets.
These are food items that according to manufactures ingredient listing
provided to Denny's and found to be free of gluten and gliaden, and products
containing them such as soy sauce, unspecified food starches and vegetable
proteins.
         Revised  June 2003

Entree/Salads
*Eggs/Omelets           *Beef  Patty
*Corned Beef Hash       Turkey Breast Meat (used in turkey dinners)
*Bacon                               Tuna (plain)
Side Garden Salad       Sliced/Shaved Ham
Deluxe Garden Salad  (plain tuna unless can tolerate distilled vinegar in
Mayonnaise & pickles)
you may ask for plain  tuna on your salad.
*Please ask to have any foods cooked on their grill to be cooked in a
separate, clean fry pan.  Equipment and rules for cooking foods vary from
restaurant to restaurant, so be sure to talk to your server about
cross-contamination issues.

Cereals
Grits                               Oatmeal [for those who feel they can
tolerate]

Sides/ Sauces
Applesauce      Cottage Cheese
Fresh Fruit     Hashed Browns
Salsa                  Baked Potato
Olives                 **Regular French Fries
Corn in Sauce   Mashed Potatoes/Cheese
Carrots in Sauce        Pinto Beans (at select restaurants)
Peas in Sauce   Black-eyed Peas (at select restaurants)
Spaghetti Sauce Tomato Slices
Tartar Sauce
Queso Sauce
 **Please verify that dedicated fryers are used for french fries before you
order.

Miscellaneous
Butter                               Liquid & Whipped Margarine (used on
grill with eggs, omelets, grilled &  toasted  buns & breads)
***American Cheese      Monterey Jack Cheese
Swiss Cheese                  Cherry Flavoring
Cheddar Cheese                 Strawberries
Cottage Cheese                Maraschino Cherries
Cream Cheese                  Pancake/Waffle Syrup
Honey                               Cranberry Sauce
                                    Strawberry, Grape, Mixed Fruit Jelly
***Ingredients of the American Cheese:  cultured milk, skim milk, water,
cream, sodium citrate, salt, sodium phosphate, ascorbic acid(preservative),
citric acid, artificial color, acetic acid, enzymes, lecithin

Beverages
Grapefruit Juice        Milk- all except buttermilk
Orange Juice    Hot Chocolate
Tomato Juice    Raspberry Tea
Lemonade        Coffee
Sprite                 Tea