From:
Jan Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 01:05:13 -0400

My 11yr. old daughter was diagnosed last December by blood test and then had
a biopsy that confirmed the diagnosis. She is due to have another blood test
in July but not another biopsy. I feel very unsure about the blood test at
this point and would like to see the "proof positive" from another biopsy
that the diet is really working.

I have a 14yr. old daughter who was diagnosed at age 5 before the blood test
was developed. She had several biopsies until the time when it showed a
normal looking intestine.

I think I felt more confident in the biopsy results than I do in the blood
test. I worry that maybe the blood test will show a false positive. My second
daughter showed no symptoms to begin with so it is hard for us to see
"improvement" like we did with our older child. I'm just really worried about
my 11yr. old. Can anyone help?