CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim and Cheryl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim and Cheryl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:26:46 -0500

Well so, this group is alive an unwell. It's no wonder as the dual challenges of CD and DM  are enough to take up all our time and attention!

I am planning a meeting in March in Gettysburg, PA for those with both diseases. If you have any suggestions, please share them with me! I'd be glad for topics, helpful hints, carb counting of GF foods, how to live with numbers ( blood sugars, carb grams, ratios,etc.) for math-challenged people.

Do you think we could ever get GF bakers to label their goods?
If you take insulin, do you  find that you need to take more insulin to cover GF carbs than other carbs?!

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
Warmly,
Cheryl in PA