CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Hayward Brockmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:14:06 -0700

Hello to everyone-

My 3 year old was recently diagnosed with celiac disease, and we are in the
first full week of his changed diet.  I have a couple questions for the
group - things I can't get a firm opinion on.

1.  Do you all consider the gluten found in oats to be significant enough to
eliminate oat based cereal from your child's diet?

2.  How long did it take for you to notice a change after starting the GF
diet?

3.  Did you see any withdrawal symptoms?

4. did you notice that your child had a limited range of food before
diagnosis, and if so, did it change after a GF diet was started?

My son was diagnosed after a series of blood tests were run because of an
autism diagnosis.  He also seems to have a citrus intolerance, but this is
our feeling only - we have not had and confirmation of the citrus problem.

Thank you in advance
Mary Brockmeyer