CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Hayward Brockmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 18:03:49 -0700

Ok gang - HELP!  After a very successful six weeks being gluten free, our 3
year old celiac son had FOUR small bowls of Trix today.  All was fine untill
he woke up from his nap, crying and pointing to his stomach. (he's not
verbal)  Within minutes he had awful diarrhea.  I immediately suspected
gluten, and asked my husband what kid of cereal he had this morning.  I
didn't even know there were Trix in the house! The only thing I can imagine
is that I grabbed the box thinking it was Fruity Pebbles. The six ingredient
is in Trix is wheat starch.

So any suggestions?  Is there any kind of antidote?  Have we reset the clock
for his tummy, and does the healing start all over again?  I want to cry
when I think of the huge change we have seen in his speech and behavior - I
don't want to lose all the ground we have gained!

Mary Brockmeyer