C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:53:36 -0500
Expert my a**!  If it weren't for Cheney's Haliburton, we wouldn't have
to weld field kitchen trays to the doors of National Guard trucks (left
at home) to keep the snow out of the rust holes.  Hopefully, the next
Prez will wake up Congress that we need to be on a war footing and spool
up heavy industry to get materiel for this fight.  THAT would create
jobs in the heaviest-hit areas like the "Rust Belt".  Do you guys know
that we have virtually NO raw steel production in the U.S. anymore?  Our
scrap goes overseas and they ship the melted billets (or finished
product) back to us--at a premium.  It places us in a real strategic
weak spot.  Right now, not only can't the military get stainless steel,
but even companies that make commercial stainless kitchen equipment are
begging for product...as are surgical tool makers, etc.

Why in the world did we allow outsourcing?