C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:57:57 -0400
Yeah, I had to keep myself from bawling in front of the kids.  Fortunately,
Laura was home and helped me out of the spasm.  I had one driving Saturday.
Not as bad, but Adrienne was with me and I was able to get the car stopped
and let her drive.  She was really cool about it too.  Her little sister,
Anna (10), was pretty scared that Dad was acting funny and had to switch
places with her sister, but Adrienne said that she and I were playing
"Chinese Fire Drill".  Anna thought it was a big joke at that point.

Yesterday, I was sitting in a recliner and reached with my right hand to
pick up the TV remote on the floor by the left side of the chair.  Must've
been some funny position or something.  All I know is that my shoulder felt
like it was on fire (literally) and as the spasm got tighter and tighter,
other muscles started to contract.  Worst one I've had in a long time!  It's
been wanting to spasm up all day long--gotta stop whatever I'm doing and rub
it out.  You guys ever have anything like that?