C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:23:03 -0500
No, I don't think you're being unfair.  Where was the support system this
family needed?  Where were the social workers, the church leaders, the
extended family, the friends, the community?  I realise they were very
likely isolated but surely, someone, sometime, somewhere, must have noticed
something was wrong, and did nothing.

I'm sure you know that case in Texas where the woman who killed all of her
kids is being tried for murder.  Where was her husband?  Didn't he have any
clue as to how badly off his wife was?

I suppose I am being harsh but I happen to think nothing justifies the
murder of a child, disabled or not.

Kat