C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:06:55 +0100
On Tuesday 29 July 2008 16:58:15 Kendall D. Corbett wrote:
> I'm writing too, but not holding my breath for this Olympics, as the time
> is just too short to make changes.  If we start working now, we might be
> able to impact the 2010 Winter Olympics, and 2012 Summer Olympics.

The BBC are doing this:-

Paralympics coverage on BBC TV

The Paralympics 6-17 September
Live coverage on BBCi
10.00am-4.00pm
 There will be continuous live/as live coverage of the Games on BBCi
throughout the day.

Paralympics 2008
7.00-8.00pm (Monday-Friday)
 BBC Two/BBC HD
 Clare Balding and Steve Cram present the best of the day's action at the
Paralympics in Beijing. Viewers will get a round-up of all the news and
action as we follow Team GB's Paralympians on their quest for glory.

Paralympics 2008
 12.50-4.30pm (Saturday & Sunday)
 (please note times may vary)
BBC One/BBC Two/BBC HD
Clare Balding and Steve Cram present live coverage from the Paralympics in
Beijing.

So it looks like its live every day on BBCi (a new digital channel which about
75% of UK population have the kit to receive), with a 1 hour highlights show
each evening and roundups at the weekend (both on a main channel).

Pretty good I reckon.

Cheers

Deri