C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 06:23:55 -0700
--- Betty B <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I've been thinking about staying away from the list
> for a while -- not
> getting off but just staying away for a few months.
> It's a good idea for me
> and for the health of the list.

Betty,
You have been through a great deal over the past
several years. The loss of your mom, the loss of your
body and the way you once you knew it to be,the loss
of independence, and even at one time(and it may come
up again in the future) the  thought of selling the
family home, indeed another loss to be dealt with. The
world must feel like it's spinning totally out of any
control you may have been used to having. I think it
would be very natural to be very bitter and angry
being in this place in your life. I don't  believe a
strong opinion ever bothered anyone on this list as
long as it was done so not to attack any individual. I
can say without a doubt you have always been kind to
all members on this list and respectful of their
opinions. I'm not sure taking a vacation would be
healthy either as it is one of the few places I've
ever seen( maybe the only one) where one can rant and
rave, no matter how ugly you may think the opinion you
are giving or how much you feel you are ramming it
down someone's throat, the  list members will still
send a warm fuzzy and hug because they read the
struggle and hurt behind the words. You may need
someone more professional than the list can offer but
know that many on the list care about you and only
wish the  best for you.
LOts of warm fuzzies and hugs to get you through these
hard times
Joanne