C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2008 11:07:32 -0700
Okay this is something serious. If you buy gas for a grill take a look.

I did snopes it and there is something to look at  and be a concern. Better safe than sorry.

Meth cooks are getting the propane tanks from the exchanges at Wal-Mart,
Kroger, etc. and emptying them of the propane. Then, they are filling
them with anhydrous ammonia (which they now have a recipe for by the
way). After they are finished with them, they return them to the store.
They are then refilled with propane and sent back for you and me to buy.
Anhydrous ammonia is very corrosive and weakens the structure of the
tank.

It can be very dangerous when mixed with propane and hooked up to our
grills, etc. You should inspect the propane tank for any blue or
greenish residue around the valve areas. If it is present, refuse to
purchase that one."
Check
out the following website for more details. They also have pictures you
can show.

http://www.npga.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=529