C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 21:19:37 +0800
Jennifer,

Great to have an update on you, I'm so glad things are going well for
you so far.  It is wonderful that your mother is being so supportive,
it must make things so much easier for you.
I've been busy studying - or at least trying to study! I've decided to
finish the unit I am doing this semester, then defer for a year or
so.  I've become a little fed up with the academic grind, I've been so
used to doing what the world expects of me, and have always been
sooooo responsible and organised and together and mature, always doing
what I should, and......   Well the othe week I just SNAPPED!!!!  I
thought, dammitt, I'm sick of this, I spent the years from age 7 to 24
severely depressed, then I finally crawl out of my depression, and
what do I do????  Tie myself down to a university degree, am I MAD????
I WANNA HAVE SOME FUN!!!!   So I'm going to defer for a year, try and
find some part time work ('cause a little cash always helps in having
fun), and find some fun to be had....and, well, have it.  But I now
find myself on the horns of a pointy dilemma, I have no idea what
people DO when they are having fun (I'm only half kidding - sad innit
it?).  So I need some suggestions.  Answers on the back of a post card
please everyone!

Rayna