C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:53:10 EDT
Beth,

I work with AT in different settings.

Not so sure about the parents fearing their kids will end up like me  because
of all the parents I've worked with as co-workers, their children have  been
grown.  All the kids had quite involved mental and physical  disabilities and
were still being cared for by their parents. I live  independently and have an
advanced degree.   So, the fear thing  doesn't make sense to me in this case.

The parents of young kids who were my clients seemed to put me on a  pedestal
and say if you can do it, my child can too.  Not as  offensive, but still odd
because their children's disabilities were not like  mine at all - entirely
different disabilities in most cases.

Just curious what you think are the sham treatments for cp.

Susie