C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 11:04:49 EDT
In a message dated 8/19/00 4:53:42 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< After giving it some thought I figure its best for me to get my own
problems solved.  I mean don't get me wrong I want to help others with
problems.  I just figure its  best for me to get myself straitened out.
What good am I to others if I myself am having problems?  But I plan to
be a peer counselor in the future

A very wise solution Jan. From what little you said you might look toward
learning to drive or any other ways to become independent as far as
transpotrtation needs.
Could you learn to drive. People who gave gone through a difficult often
thinking of helping others in similar situation. I have been a counselor and
have taught counselors and it is not what it's cracked up to be. work on your
own iindependence first. My son once said, "Dad, I want to help people like
you do." I told him to first makke a million dollars and then you can helps
lots of people. He is on his way to the Million now(investment banker).