C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:21:03 -0400
Hi Again,

  If it sounded like I was picking on Conservatives or Christians I am not - it is simply helpful tounderstand their thinking, and how it influences their actions. Once you see where people are coming from you can understand their actions - you sure don't have to like them but you can understand how they arrive there. The school I work for - will fire people if they become disbled - I don't see this as very Christian but they see as a waste of money - they are their to teach the kids the Bible and how to live properly make sure people know about how Jesus died for your sins and the devil is very active what I consider would be a Christian action is not to them - its about their survival and ability to propogate their beliefs. The Bible is absolute truth - people must earn their trust becasue we are all under the uinfluence of the devil and could be there to carry out his evil. I understand this - and let them be them - there is nothing I could say that would not be the devil speaking - so I teach the kids the computer stuff and keep quiet. I decorate the room with Crosses, have a Bible on the desk - and have the kids do Bible verses. This doesn't violate my beliefs becasue my beliefs allow them to have their beliefs and honor them.

                                                  Trisha