C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 11:28:10 -0400
 Actually, Jason, this suit is quite like a type III pfd (full torso) sewn
into the clothing.  I would think a "waist only" pfd would not keep her head
out of the water.  This suit is constructed such that it's impossible to
keep your head in the water unless a good deal of effort is expended in
trying to push yourself under water.

We had a pool party for the kids last night--one child had on a suit as you
described.  I don't mean to pick nits, but they are different altogether.  I
may be talking out of school here, but I think the one I'm describing would
be safer.

If I find the web page I'll forward it along.  I think it's great that
you're getting Lauren into swimming.  It's great therapy and great fun!

-Kyle