C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:21:59 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/02 5:45:35 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>I predict she'll be the first to dress herself, do her own shoes up,
>at kindergarten - they soon learn its quicker to do it themselves
>than wait for the fumblings of Mum & Dad!!!

Amen to that Deri. My son and daughter are too damned independent! One time
my wife mentioned my "speech defect". Both kids were outraged and offended.
Their dad did not have a speech defect. And all the time I was telling my
daughter who had a cleft palate, I understood all about the taunts at school;
when to her, my speech was "normal"!

Bobby