C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:32:00 -0700
Greta,

In my case, the initial injection was 65 units, and was increased to 100
units this time not because of a "tolerance" to the drug, but we agreed to
approach things cautiously the first time so my head wouldn't become
"floppy."  I'll let you know in May if we go up again.  I figure we'll start
"training" the other neurologist in the practice to do botox injections
then.  I've been a "teaching case" so many times it'd be scary, if my dad
hadn't been involved in medical education over half of his career.

Not being a PT, and not wanting to wait until next week when I see my PT
again, what does *GMFCS* stand for?  Is it an extension of the *G*lascow *C*oma
*S*cale?  I have a theory as to what the *MF* could stand for, but it
doesn't seem very professional.

OK, I did the research. *GMFCS*=*G*ross *M*otor *F*unction *C*lassification
*S*ystem.  Is this more often referred to in Canada, as neither Janet or I
had heard of it, and we've been involved in CP treatment (on the patient
side) in the US for over 40 years.