C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:44:17 -0600
Meir,

So, since you were attacked, YOU are now required to go to a different room
in the synagogue?

The person who attacked you apologized, but is still doing the same type of
things to you and/or others?

Where's your rabbi in all this?!?

When I was a kid (12 or 13), I had a kid that picked on me at school and at
church, and finally the priest sat down with him and said that he'd make him
go into the younger Sunday school class if he didn't behave.  There were
words like "if you're going to act like a 10 year old, we'll treat you like
one..."   I know that that wouldn't be appropriate in your case, but it
seems like your Rabbi should take a role in this that doesn't penalize you
for being the victim of abuse.

There's also the possibility of filing assault charges against the
perpetrator.  If he'd apologized and the matter had dopped, I wouldn't
suggest that, but....

As far as Susan/Sunflower, she'll probably let us know if/when something
happens.  As an active feminist (even though I am a guy), it might be that
she's put off by your use of the term "Our Sunflower."  I'm sure she's very
much her own person.  To me, that smacks of the paternalism that women and
people with disabilities have been subject to for years.  I don't mean this
as an attack on you, as I'm sure your care and concern is very real, but
thought I'd point out another viewpoint.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950