C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Collis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 19:00:56 -0500
Kristina, I had surgery on my hamstrings, and my parents said if they knew
then what they knew ten or twenty years after the event, they'd never have
Okayed it.  I always enjoyed sitting on my knees, but when I had the
surgery, I was unable to do that any more. Ask yourself this; do the
possible benefits outweigh the risks involved and is there any way for you
to talk to the parents of children who've had this type of procedure done?
Also, what will the child give up as a result of the operation, if anything?
Then and only then will you know how to proceed.

This is just my $.02 worth.

Mike