C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:43:25 +0800
At the very least I imagine he would be trying to keep the verbal abuse
hidden.  The little girl wouldn't necessarily tell anyone - if she's
grown up in this environment she will likely not know that this isn't
acceptable behaviour, plus people don't always listen (or believe) if
kids (or adults) disclose abuse, especially if disability is involved.
There is a lot of denial that goes on.

Rayna