C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 03:48:59 -0300
The "new" doctors seem to be more amenable to alternatives like co-q-10 and the
like, which is great for us aging cp'ers. FYI, a couple of folks whom I met in
chatrooms via IRC have disclosed that they have cp - damn, we're everywhere! :)
Anyway, I told 2 of them (guys over 40) about the magnesium. One guy, 36, started
taking it - he's gone from being a spastic mess unable to sit comfortably or stand
without spasming, to no spasms. He's very pleased. He started out at the standard
400mg daily. As a test, he took a magnesium tab before going on an outing where he
knew he was likely to tire. He was more than pleased to find that his energy
didn't wane a bit. Again, I'm sure you'll agree, one's size and absorption rate
has much to do with dosing, although some vitamin shop keepers will tell you to
take the maximum dose whether you need it or not. Use more, buy more! :)

  BTW, I'm doing well on the lutein for the eye problems. Vision is stabilized.
Yippee!

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier