C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 12:35:52 -0400
I wonder if the PTSD with the acquired disabilities is because there is a dramatic change in self image ( to say nothing of attitude prior to acquiring the disability...you know the " I could never live like that" way of thinking) where as with congenital disability your sense of self has never been really challenged because you've never known any different way.
Joanne