C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stephen Allman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 20:24:39 EDT
I believe life is a gift and I am against assisted suicide. It should not
matter how severe a disability is because when there's life there is hope. We
have so much technology today and there will be more in the future that there
is no reason that people with disabilities cannot live productive and
fulfilling lives.

People like Kevorkian and Dr Singer should never be free. They are not God
and should never make decisions on who lives and dies  Kevorkian proclaims he
is for the rights of the patient but the facts are that many people he has
helped die were not terminally ill.

I do understand that some people may disagree with me. I also know that some
people may consider assisted suicide when they are dying from different
illnesses like cancer. I am against assisted suicide but I do understand that
some people that are of sound mind have that choice if they are dying. I
never have been around anyone considering that but if I was I would tell them
to think about life and the many miracles there are. I hope they make the
right choice.

Stephen Allman