C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 17:31:31 -0500
Trish, From what I can tell the alternatives to Mayatek are $695 and $795
respectively. They seem to work the same as the one offered by Mayatek, in
fact one of the companies I have found used to manufacture the One2one for
mayatek. I am actually angry that Mayatek is so ugly about all this.
Apparently Mayatek is owned by Karen Pape the Dr who started the official
TES. This is why there is no info out there and why it is difficult to get
insurance payment. All the literature or at least most of it, is done via
her clinic and Mayatek. UGHHHHHHHHHHH!!

We plan to do estim assisted PT and TES. Our therapist is not a Mayatek
certified one, but has done FES( the estim assisted PT) and other electrical
stim stuff forever. I guess I have an ax to grind with Mayatek and plan to
let as many parents know what I have found out as I can.

Barb