C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:56:41 -0500
Wow Kendall,

  Interesting piece. Here is somethingthat came to light while I was wading thru Terri related reading material - comes from an article at http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1077219,00.html   But, given the vehemence with which he has been fighting to prolong Terri's life, it is a little surprising to learn that Robert decided to turn off the life-support system for his mother. She was 79 at the time, and had been ill with pneumonia for a week, when her kidneys gave out. "I can remember like yesterday the doctors said she had a good life. I asked, 'If you put her on a ventilator does she have a chance of surviving, of coming out of this thing?'" Robert says. "I was very angry with God because I didn't want to make those decisions."

And also - By now, you all have heard that Tom DeLay pulled the plug on his own father after the old man fell into a--where have you heard this phrase before?--persistent vegetative state. Also there is nasty write up about his business ethnics and not talking to family - http://www.buzzflash.com/analysis/05/03/ana05006.html

I have no idea who this guy and don't care but I gather he is central to the contravesy.

                                     Trisha