C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 20:32:03 -0400
The camp was a joint venture of the Florida Elks Youth Camp and Florida Elks
Children's Therapy Services (FECTS).  We may end up running it again next
year but, it's for children who are already recieving services throught the
FECTS program.  It was offered free of charge to the families.  We did this
so that we knew children and their abilities and needs already.

Beth T. the OT

Subject: Re: r now Polictics now ten commandments

In a message dated 10/5/03 4:45:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Thanks for sending the link.  I take a look at a bit later.  This weekend
> our company hosted it's first Camp for families with children with cp.
I'm
> bit tired from having entirely too much fun.  Let's see there was a bon
fire
> with s'mores and marshmallows, archery, a ropes course high swing, moon
> walk, movies, swimming, and crafts (t-shirts, sand art, and lanyards), and
> of course a movie and popcorn.  Too much fun, this was most (if not all)
of
> the kids first experience with a camp setting.

I think ny son would love this. Who can attend, how much does it cost, and
when will be the next one and of course, where is it located? It would be
nice
for him to meet other kids with cp. I placed him in a camp star last year
but
it consisted of mostly Spina Bifida children with the focus on w/c
independence
and he is ambulatory. He does use a w/c for long distances, but hated that
he
was required to use it everywhere they went such as caferteria and in all
the
sporting events. Needless to say, he refused to go again.
Cindy