C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 20:32:04 -0400
I threw the idea past my gastro after more benign treatments such as those
reccommended by Carla stopped working.  My reflux has gotten worse as I've
gotten older.  I'm low tone, no CP and I do advise talking with your doc.
I've only had to take antibiotics since Feb. for a cat bite which is a
record for me lately.

Beth T

Subject: Re: ear infections

Hi Beth,

   Wow, I had no idea about the reflux and ears being linked. I am =
taking Prevacid(?)  I used to have my ears itch so bad - I wanted to rip =
them off. Amber of course has had the reflux thing since she was baby, =
its gotten better but not gone away.

                                         Trisha

> Double check with your doctor but, as an adult I've been sufferin from =
ear
> infections until I talked with my gastroenterologist.  I asked him if =
my ear
> infection might be caused by the gastro reflux (a very common problem =
in
> cp-ers) and he upped me to higher level medication.  Mind you this was =
after
> also going on allegra for allergies and I also use ear drops called =
Fluocin