C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:25:07 -0400
My HMO has been pretty good about most things (their "formulary" for Rx meds
is awful, though).  www.medtronics.com has some good info on their
SynchroMed pump, which is the most popular in the US.  My doc gave me a
videotape produced by Medtronic for "patient education", but I found it way
too simplistic and obviously produced for a medically naive audience.  The
positive spin placed on the product made it seem more like a marketing
gimmick than anything informational.

If you got the "pump", Kat, would it be for spasticity (baclofen), pain
(morphine sulfate) or both?  Would be both in my case.

-Kyle