C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 02:54:28 EST
In a message dated 12/22/1999 4:28:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< WINTER SOLSTICE CELEBRATIONS:
 a.k.a. Christmas, Saturnalia, Yule

This is fascinating!  I knew that Christmas traditions had pagan origins, but
you posted a lot that I didn't know.  Just tonight I saw a program on the
history channel about the origins of Christmas ("Christmas Unwrapped").  The
show didn't cover nearly as much as you did, but corroborated what you said
in terms of pagan influence.  The only difference was that they said the
birth of Jesus was thought to have occurred in the spring rather than the
fall, but there is probably an argument supporting each supposition.

This was really interesting and informative Trisha.  Thanks for taking the
time to share.  It's an honor, especially considering what your work schedule
is like right now.
Betty