C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:00:01 -0800
if you get on a Plan to Achieve Self Support, with the goal of eventually
getting off ssi, you can save more than 2,000 for things like a van,
comuter, etc. then when you do get off ssi, you no longer have the limit.
here is another way; have somebody you trust set up a SPECIAL NEEDS trust
fund, put whatever money you can save into the trust fund, then when you
need it, your trustee can get whatever you need out of it. ssi can not
touch that money. Oh it has rules too; you can't use that money to buy
groceries or pay rent or gas / electric / trash bills.  You can buy a home,
car, vacation, books, music, computer stuff, etc...  I don't think there
are limits to how much your trust can have in it.

Mag

www.cafepress.com/tamarmag
come see my new designs!