C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:36:36 EDT
I've never took advantage of any situation.  I've just had other people put
their two cents in and make my life unbearable.  Right now I've wanted to go to
see Lorri but now her aPCA told her mom about me and now my email address is
blocked, can't get through with relay and no calls are being responded to.
Lorri was who I was to get married to before I found out that Sherry was
pregnant wit Susan.  I am a man of honor but right now it's like being torn in two .

     Lorri is in Nashville and is pursing a degree in social work feild.
Sherry is at a UCP workshop and only main income is SSI.  since I was getting
nowhere in this area for Sherry to move in with me, I was trying for a woman who
would be caopable of a second incomeand we would be able to afford better
things, a good house and pay ourselves on how much PCA help would be needed.
When I found out that Sherry was pregnant, I had to be sure I was the father.
This is one other thing that needs to be overhauled in public service.  A
teenager can have a baby and dump it off with no problem, but a couple with
disabilities try to have a child it's like the Salem Witch Trials trying to prove we
are capable of taking care of a baby.  The most insulting thing about it was
I was asked if I had a doctor's note saying that I was capable of taking care
of a baby.