C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Jeffries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 15:36:22 EDT
It is nothing but a doulble standard when it comes to disabled people and
sterilization.   I went through hell to get Susan out of CFS in Cuyahoga County.
Too many times you hear about the bonehead things done by parents who are
able-bodied.  The courts seen to target the disabled like we are incapable of
handling children.  Last year or the year before I kept hearing about people
leaving their babies in their cars and those children died because of it.  Why
don't they sterilize those people because lack of thought?.  Those of us disabled
parents on this list know we have better sense than that.  All politicians
know is a persons disabled they must be sterilized.  We who are disabled are a
part of this country, but we are not allowed to have the same rights as
everyone else.

The biggest lie is in the Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths
to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by
their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life,
Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"