C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:13:48 -0500
Hi All,

   I and my family - which includes both Dads decorated war vets are very
much against the war. The girls went to the last protest and had a very good
experience. While I don't see the immediate effect on the government or
frankly any long term effect - I do see it as showing that we the people are
not with our leaders - this is important for thr rest of the world to see.

  As far as North Korea goes - we made them a promise sometime ago - if they
stopped with the nuclear we would help them getting power and heat for their
people - then the wise Congress reniged on our promise - those people have
every right to be able to have power and heat for their people. We not they
are at fault. And I am not sure people remember past current events sadly.

   Bush has no clue what war is. I am not sure he has a real view of life.
He has been really protected and pandered. I think from the day of his
election - he has made an ass of the US. I was impressed with his reaction
to 9/11. Did good stuff. But I saw the speech he made in front of Congress
and the whole nation - and I saw the moment he realizd he was a power. I had
a sense of fear then - we created a monster. My Dad - 27 year Army Vet, has
many high military decorations for Korea and Vietnam  and learned gentleman
- has a PhD also, is very much against this. Points out people who play
video games have no clue what war is about. He was leader in Vietnam - lost
guys, was badly wounded and is a gung-ho warrior. When our warriors - the
ones with real battle experience say no we need to listen - even
Schwartzkopf is against this.

  My faith has rested with the rest of the world stepping in and reining us
in. We are now the rogue nation we normally try to rein in. Why are we
allowed to break the rules but no one else - we have nuclear weapons, we
have chemical weapons ans you know darn well - some gung-ho general has bad
weapons stashed somewhere because he knows the enemy will have them. peace
has always been kept by a balance of power. Frankly we are no longer the
power we fancy ourselves to be. Our military is vasted reduced.

  And all this advanced notice - bad stuff. The Gulf War Syndrome is a
result of Chemical Warfare - they recented atopsyed a Military Doctor that
died from it - his brain was as flled with holes as swiss cheese. And we
have now tons of soldiers - vunerable to chemical attack.

 I adore the US. I understand the need to destoy people like Hilter even at
the cost of 53 million lives. I don't see Saddam in the same light. I am
beginning to see Bush like that - we need to rein him in - and if showing
him we as nation aren't all behind him - then I believe it gives strentgh to
the leader of our nation who also aren't behind him.

  I wish I knew the answer, the solution. There is bill in Congress to
reinstate the draft - including females. I never thought I would say this -
but I am so thankful that Amber has CP. I would not have my child exposed to
the horrors of war - even my dad has said - you are lucky they can't take
Amber. Besides I would move to Canada before they could have her. At lest
for something like this - I would certainly be there if I considered it a
real threat to not only our lives but the lives of people in other nations.
Like a Hitler!

  oops - sorry -

              Trisha