C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:08:05 -0400
Oh, well.  It wasn't too bad.  Everything worked out pretty well, all things
considered.  I was bopping along about 70mph when the car acted like it was
starved for fuel.  I started losing speed, but when I pressed on the
accelerator it ran even rougher (sure sign of fuel system problems).  I knew
that I had a few gallons of gas, so I wasn't empty.  I pulled off the
freeway and the car died at the intersection.  A couple construction workers
helped me push it to the side and a State Trooper stopped before I could
even pop the hood.  The engine smelled "hot", so I figured I might be low on
coolant.  The cop took me to a convenience store and back (for water), and
when that wasn't the problem, he waited with me 'til the tow truck arrived
(that NEVER happens when I break down).  I have towing service through my
cell phone provider and the garage is a half-mile from our house, so Laura
and the kids brought me on into work.  I've had breakdowns that were a
comedy of bad-luck vignettes strung together, so this was a piece of cake!
Sure, the car broke down, but it wasn't the royal pain it could have been,
eh?  Gotta look for those silver linings in the strangest places. LOL!

Kyle