C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bettina Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 04:27:04 -0600
I'm Bettina, a 48 yr-old widow with CP living in North Central Texas.  Some
of you may know me from other groups and even from this group from a few
years ago.  Basically I've led a very productive and fulfilling life.  In
2002 it felt like my world had come tumbling down.  In March of that year I
was laid off from IBM after a 14-year run with them as a technical writer.
In June of that year, my husband and companion of 26 years died in a tragic
accident.  He was the true love of my life and he had taken such good care
of me for all those years.   Slowly, but ever so slowly, I'm coming back
from the ambers and trying to regain my life again.  My main goal is to
re-enter the workforce.  It just hasn't happened yet.  Long term, I'd like
to meet new friends and possibly more.  People have told me I have a great
personality.  I like good food (I can't cook, so we can hire a chef), good
music (mainly oldies (I can't  understand the new stuff of today), and good
conversation (as long as it's not too complicated). I'm 4'11", 120 lbs
(guessing) brown  hair, brown eyes, and am a non-smoker.  My picture is
under my yahoo profile if anyone is interested.   I'm not very photogenic,
CP does that to a person. What I lack in looks, I make up in personality.
Hoping to hear from some of you folks out there.

Thanks, Bettina "Crack a smile, its nature's best addictive medicine.
Laughter is like inner jogging".