C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:58:01 -0800
not dead yet does not oppose your right to die as you please. They simply
want to make sure that broad  based euthanasia on people  with disabilities
does not take place.

Personally, at this point, I hope Terri passes quickly. I wrote to the
person that sends out these email alerts on Terri and I told him, you know,
it's really too late now, let her go in peace. I saw the A&E piece on her
and her family. My feeling is that Michael Schavo has done nothing wrong
here. The man has become an ER nurse in order to learn how to help his wife
the best he could. We will never know whether Terri Schaivo Could have
improved with therapy, only G-D knows. And, yes, Kat, I too (and others)
find it ironic that Bush's popularity dropped.  In any case, I am praying
forr Terri's quick, painless passing.

Free our people! More than 250,000 people with disabilities
throughout the USA say they want to move out of nursing homes.
Please ask your Congressperson to vote FOR the MICASSA bill, this
will allow medicaid funds to pay for community supports
instead of isolating the person in a nursing home or institution.
HR 910 is the bill number
Senate version of MiCASSA (S 401).

Oakland Mayor's Commission on People with disabilities
~Tamar Mag Raine~
IM: tamarmag48