C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Bobby G. Greer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 19:35:31 EST
In a message dated 12/31/00 11:59:56 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Hey Bobby,
We didn't get too far in SA. We stayed at the Westin Riverwalk (parked the
car for the overnight stay and walked everyewhere we needed to go).
We went for a nighttime river barge ride which gave a good overview. Went to
this little funky Mexican Grill just above the Little Rhine Steakhouse at
about midnight
. In the morning, we walked to Mi Tiara and the Mercado to find something a
little more authentic. Had Kyle got some great shots of one the street
musicans there. It was Sunday, and the joint was hoppin'!
Unfortunately, Kyle got one of his nice lenses for his camera ripped off on
the walk back to the hotel--bummer! >>

Laura,

Sounds like you did a lot in 24 hrs. I am not sure where the Westin Riverwalk
is. Sounds like may be near the "new river walk" which turns me off. Next
time, talk the little street trolley. Taking Meredith(my daughter in law)
around made me realize how small "down town" really is. Did you walk down by
the river  walk amphitheater. If you took a boat ride you probably saw it.

    It is a great place for kids. Fiesta Texas and Sea World are two of the
main attractions for little ones. My mom showed me an area of down town I had
forgotten about, Kinf Williams Place. It is a street of mansions built circa
1850 and they are all well maintained. A very attracive area with lots of
history Kyle would love.

    Lets think about March. Maybe, with luck, I could make it on Spring
Break. Right
now I have the Mother of all back strains from walking on a bone spur on my
right foot. Am taking pain pills and valium like peanuts!! And it still hurts.

Bobby