C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loree Monroe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 14:35:28 EDT
As a parent, I really appreciate your honesty Anee. I know I feel guilt for
saddling my daughter with her disability (this despite the fact that it was
probably a part of her from the moment of conception and I had no control
over which genes I ended up sharing with her.) But that's my problem and not
my daughter's.
I am glad to know that you're OK with the way you are and sometimes wonder
why can't everyone else be.
My task as a Mom is to have the wisdom to know when to step in and insist
that she achieve certain goals and when to pull back at let her make the
choices.
Loree